Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'll Sit With The Lord

When my fire goes static and my prayers go robotic
I make an excuse to myself: "Right. God is testing me"
I throw cliches like: "God wants to know if I'm true."
But then I realized that I was doing things the wrong way
Even though I accomplished my tasks as His child
I wasn't praying or reading the Word with Him
He wanted to sit with me as I read and study His word

But all I cared about was the Sword
That would smite sinners and put others down.
He wanted to sit with me as I pray
But all I cared about was to finish my long list
of prayer requests that is
And then to sleep with a clear conscience
Uttering to myself: "I prayed for everyone, yeah!"
I wasn't really praying, I was just babbling
I was babbling about people who needed His help
Not actually praying to Him as if He were right beside me and listening
Oh the Good Lord has once again revealed my faults!
No wonder my witnessing was dead
Although I was talking about God's glory,
His mercy, grace and love
Inside me, there was no love
All I cared about is to finish a task
And to be a part of God's mission force
I was really far from the Lord although it felt like He was just inches away
What a fool! And I don't blame my deceptive emotions
I am at fault.. I am at fault..
Now I know what the Lord wants
And so from this day on,
I'll sit with the Lord
Whether reading His word
Or praying for the world
Or whatever else I'm doing
I'll sit with the Lord.

No comments: