Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Hope I Look Forward To

There's this eschatology course I took years ago back in the Philippines. Their Biblical exegesis was pretty impressive. The interpretations of the coming signs made sense and all the possibilities of "who" or "what" the Antichrist may be were astounding. But the thing that I found really overwhelming was the coming of our Lord Jesus. I just can't imagine the greatness of that day. On that day, everything will be restored to its rightful place. Even our flesh would be destroyed and God's regenerative work in us would be complete. More so, we would finally see the face of our Master! I, Michael Borja, would be able to see the face of the Lord? What awesome grace and love! What a great privilege! What an honor is it to serve the Lord of Hosts!

I can't imagine the beauty of that day. All the universe would tremble with reverence as the Son descends and lays His hands on those whom He had justified. With madness we would rejoice and bow to this one King that leadeth an army of burning angels. Oh what a day it would be! It would be like His birth in Bethlehem, if not more, where hope and life entered our perishing world. How much joy and hope would erupt from our consciousness? Our hearts would burst open as Christ approaches every one of His elect and says, "It is time. Come now, my child." Oh! What a great God that He saved me! What did He see in me? There is nothing in me that He could possible need and yet, by His own grace and mercy, He had called me out from the condemnation I brought upon myself and redeemed my soul! I belong to Him now. What a privilege! What a great honor to be a servant of the Holy One who ruleth the universe with a rod of righteousness.

I hold on to the second coming so dearly. With a steadfast heart, I sprint for the glory of God in this marathon He has laid before me. With a repenting heart and a conforming faith, I seek not only to do His will but to dwell in His holy presence so that every thought, breath and step I take would be from Him and for Him alone. As the bride so dearly waits for her bridegroom, so do we, the regenerate Church, with tearful eyes and a joyful hope, wait for the coming of Christ, our Lord and Saviour.

So then, with humble hearts burning with zeal, let us endure and strive for the things of heaven. Our Lord is coming. We'll soon see His glory. And on that glorious moment, everyone, saved or unsaved, slave or free, shall bow and confess that Jesus is Lord. For Jesus is indeed the Lord... no one else.

No comments: