Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The One True Gospel

We need preachers like this man (Paul Washer) today. Men who are just men of God. Men who belong to Him, who walk with Him and dwell in His presence.

It's been a while since I've heard a preaching like this. A sermon so full of truth and love for God and men. I felt as if God was speaking through this man, talking about our total depravity, proclaiming His glory and defending God's divine attributes. This is the Gospel. It is the fullness of God's Truth. I wasn't even half-way when I started crying to God, weeping over my sin and the cost that God had to pay just to get me out of my cursed and wicked state. The mere fact that the Son of God was tortured and murdered in our place is enough to drive us into insanity, worshiping Him with bowed heads, rejoicing hearts and broken knee caps. The just wrath that should fall upon men, fell upon Him who is blameless and who is of infinite worth.

What he said is true because it is not his words but God's. It is true that we are wicked and we are going to hell. We are not just occasional violators of the law but sin-loving, continual transgressors and enemies of God. But despite our wretchedness, He came to save and free us. He paid the price with His precious blood and made it possible for man to be reconciled with God.

This man did not speak out of worldly wisdom. He spoke of the one true theology that is so lost in this present age. He spoke about the fullness of God's overwhelming glory, wrath, justice, love, grace, mercy and power.

I urge you to beg the Holy Spirit to work in you before, during and after watching this video. Watch this sermon until the end and examine the Truths being presented here. I will answer questions with the best of my efforts to clarify everything.

God bless!



See link below for a better view:
http://revver.com/video/707178/the-greatest-words-in-all-of-scripture-true-disciple-conference-8-of-8-paul-washer/

No comments: