Friday, May 23, 2008

The Blogger Is Back!

I looked at my old posts and I guess I got frustrated. They were slightly undoctrinal and they had many errors in grammar. I don't usually care when I write and I'm usually message-oriented. I didn't care much about parallelism or word count. Still, for some obsessive reason, I started deleting my older posts. Suddenly, I just realized that almost all my other older posts have the same problem in parallelism!

Some people say writing is hard. For me, its the editing that really racks the brains. You can write once and forget about it. Editing is ever changing. You look at an article one day, fix it and reorder some stuff, then the next day you look at it you reorder something again! Its insane! In my opinion, editing works best for a person with a clear, objective and firm mind set. But for people like me who occasionally switch from dry to hyper mode, I guess it doesn't work.

Going on with the story, things got worse. I started noticing every detail of my blog, from borders, colors to template. What the??!! I said to myself. What is going on? I had never cared for such things. I used to be contented with a neat and decent blog. Colors or templates didn't matter much. I needed a break.

Anyways, now I'm back. Those weeks of mindless obsession have passed. My best friend helped get back to my senses. He didn't address my irrational behavior. I doubt he ever so through me. My writing just made it looked exaggerated but it wasn't a major ordeal. I won't even consider it to be a minor ordeal. I guess I just needed a break.

So now that I'm back, let me share some of the things I've learned about writing. The Lord used my best friend to get me back on track. These learnings may mean nothing to you but for me, given the experience I just had, they are priceless.

1) Let the Spirit direct the flow of your writing all the time!

2) Do not hold on to "writing ethics" that much! God is not glorified with word counts, colors or skins. He is glorified by the message you share and your testifying, regenerate life.

3) Writing is not about pleasing the readers. Whenever pleasing the crowd becomes your priority, its no longer called writing. Its called advertising.

4) There is no perfect category or label. Write as you please and put it under the category that suits it best. That is all.

5) Couple your writing with prayer. They don't work together nor do they "synergize" with each other. Communion with God through prayer is the most important thing. Whether you are writing or not, be in constant communion with Him.

6) Live true to your writings. Some of them may not be doctrinally sound. Be firm in your belief and if you make a post that doesn't seem Biblically correct, correct it if you can but do not delete it. Keep it and if someone points it out, apologize for it or state what you actually meant. Keeping undoctrinal posts would help remind you of your former self. These old posts that have "missed their mark" will remind you of how God has changed your thinking in the past few months.

7) Because of my fear of not being Biblical, I had avoided the subjective and emotional side of writing. Do not fear the subjective side of writing! Writing is also an experience, not just a system of correct data presentation.

8) Lastly, enjoy writing for the glory of God. Be reminded of His great works and promises and live constantly in devotion to Him. When your fuel burns out, it is God saying, "Son, its time to rest. Come to me and I shall give you rest."

As always, enjoy and be blessed! Its good to be back hehehe

1 comment:

JM Vergara said...

WHAT'S THIS ALL ABOUT?! Hehe.

I never realized that what I said made this much sense. I'm glad you posted this. I'm learning from this too.

Please do post this at the ND! Maybe Rewriting it under the title: How to Write. "It's ALL in The Heart Yo." Yeah, Right. (Or something like that. Hehe, I always like to fancy up the titles.:D);while adding some stuff for the edification of fellow bloggers.

I am sure many others would benefit on this.:)