Sunday, October 19, 2008

ENTERING INTO A NEW SEASON

When I got up early this morning, I was surprised to see that the temperature was negative one. It didn't stay like that the whole day but I realized that fall is almost over. The cold, the temperature drops, the morning frosts, all these signs point to one inevitable conclusion: winter is coming.

I love winter. Besides my mom, I have yet to find another individual who shares the same admiration I have for the most hated season of all. I don't play in the snow but I love to see it fall. I admire an empty street filled with nothing but snow. It can be hectic sometimes when snow turns to ice, still, in my sight, it never loses its beauty. The extremely cold temperature is also great. Not only does it allow women to put more clothes on but it also keeps most people at home. I get to see a different side of Toronto. Lastly, the sound of crunching snow when I walk just completes the i-love-winter scheme in my mind.

Anyways, its been a long and hard season for me but one that is beautiful to behold. I've learned a lot and its good to keep them in writing so I can be reminded about them.

January of this year was the month that God opened my heart to a higher level of understanding with the help of a friend.

February to March were the months I struggled with reformed theology, night and day.

April was when God finally revealed what was lacking in me and my mind was set on one thing: tell others about this amazing Gospel that we've lost. Its like "We made a mistake guys. All of us were deceived, but guess what? the food has been on the table ever since.. start asking questions and dig in!!"

May was when I realized that it is not my job to see the results are met. I obey God, He take care of the results.

June was a hard time of revelation. God revealed the many "little" sins that I commit on a daily basis. They were so subtle that I would mistake them for "good".

July, I learned that the Church is Christ's Bride, not mine. God will deal with His Church. But until I learn to love and trust Him completely, He will not step in.

August-September-October were my growing months. I've grown a lot thanks to His unmatched, parenting style. Even my view of growth changed.

Below are some of the stuff I learned throughout this year:

1) We are not growing so that one day we can keep God away and live our lives independently. We grow so that one day we can live without the world, with God alone as our Master. We don't grow out of God. We grow into God.

2) Every authority on earth has been ordained by God. To disrespect them even in thought is a direct offense against God. If they're doing something wrong, God will deal with them. As for us, our role is to obey and submit so that none will have a word against us.

3) Satan did a fine job at us. He did screwed our brains pretty badly. Lots of work has to be done. Start now!

4) Contrary to the popular belief, Christianity is very liberating. God takes care of your needs, you take care of His business. Yep, its only His business that you are called to worry about. What can be more liberating than that?

5) Your family is not perfect but they love you sincerely. They may also not express their love in the way you expect. Nevertheless, honor and cherish them all the time. They should be able to look at you and know that you love them. In my case, I have a bigger duty to them. My goal is that each of them would one day be totally devoted to that Man who shed His blood on that tree.

6) Culture sucks. Filipino or Canadian, it doesn't matter. We gauge our lives not on culture or experience but solely on the Word of God.

7) The tiniest sins that we let pass daily are the deadliest ones. They eat your soul slowly and establish a stronghold that will not be easy to break.

8) If its hard to keep up in your spiritual life, check if you've prayed sincerely, read your Bible and wrestled with the devil.. (learned from a friend)

9) Other Christians can hear God too. Are you so special? hmm I thought so.. (learned from a friend)

10) When you feel alone, despised or miserable, simply remember what you are: you didn't deserve anything yet look at the cross and see what you got.

11) A pure life is the best testimony, best sermon and best apologetic course you can ever offer to unbelievers.

^_^

No comments: