Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Day The Lord Came

The lost and depraved was now found and saved. Read how the Lord awakened me from my cold and sinful stupor.

y mind has always been vulnerable to whispers of discouragement and despair. I am weak. I easily fall and lose heart. I do not have a stance nor a glance at the right thing. But I am happy and I can rejoice in my weakness for I know the Spirit is with me. I do not know or understand the meanings of my actions. I am sure they are of noble intentions. But my worldly feelings deceive me. True that human nature is the farthest thing from God. I had nothing to begin with. To be precise, I am nothing. But the Lord, with His mercy and grace, had called upon this child from the netherworld. From pools of lust, pride, wickedness and hatred, I came.

I am overwhelmed by His might and power. He defines my life and gives me an identity. With Him I am confident and determined that even if a boulder is placed in my path, I shall use it as a stepping stone with His guidance.

I lose myself to the calls of righteousness. I am a beaten fool, a sore loser and a man from a wicked age. But my God is not moved by my insolence and disobedience. Have He been affected He would have left me long ago, perhaps even forget my existence.

But when this God came, from the manger He was. He did not look at man's heart, He looked at His Father's heart. He did not cherish things of this world but hated anything that is born from childishness and arrogance. His food was His Father's will. He did not battle as men do but stood His ground on His own terms. He took away my sin, shame and guilt. He loved me as if I was the only son he ever had. He stopped during His busy days to give me all the time I ever needed. He has given me everything. And He had done it based on His judgment. His election had nothing to do with me. He simply called and made me answer. He made me kneel and taught me the basics of life. I rebelled in anguish and bitterness. But He remained constant, never-changing, an unmovable Rock He was.

Now, my life is under His grace and wisdom. I do not appeal to this world or its values. As my Father had given word, I trust and obey. I live in excellence not because of my abilities but because of my disabilities. What a fool I was to ever believe I was someone. It took me years before I truly understood His words. I am centuries late. Nevertheless, I survive by His sovereign grace.

I will not deceive myself and say that I do not fear the future. I believe, yes. But that hint of fear can never be hidden before His eyes. I am afraid of what I am about to do. Yet, before I even knew it, the work has begun. There's no turning back now and I do not believe my Lord would let me back down anyway. I am more than prepared to lose. For I lose to obtain victory in the Name of my Lord and Savior.

I refuse to submit to the calls of the crowd nor to the taunts of the foul-mouthed flesh. I had been renewed. My character being constantly repaired and restored by God. I am a regenerated body of the Lord, whom I share in glory and suffering. I do not defer for it would insult Him and His work.

I am the worst of all, the clown in the sights of angels and the garbage of this generation. But I stand proud for the Person who raised me and took me as His own. He bought me with His stunning sacrifice. And here I am, a newborn, hungry for milk and soon to take the meat He hath prepared.

This all-consuming flame inside of me will never wane, wax nor fade. For years it has been spontaneous and dormant. Now, it is fully awake.. ready to answer the call of the Almighty. Though this is not His kingdom, His heart is here.

I do not understand anything. I do not know anything. All my knowledge is futile anyways. But I know one thing: He loved me.. thats all I know and all I need to know. And with His love, I was purchased to be a living branch under His goodness and mercy. To Him alone be the glory!

No comments: