Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Letter To Satan

This is a letter I should have written a long time ago. Read till the end and be blessed!

ear Satan,


Do you still remember me? I know you do. We used to be like brothers. You were my closest friend. We went to Church together. We prayed together. We read the Bible together. We even lived in the same house!

I had always remembered your comforting words. Whenever I sinned against God you comforted me. You told me that everybody sins. You told me that holiness is a long process. You even challenged me give you at least one name of a man who did not sin. Nobody is perfect, you whispered and so I was comforted. I was happy. You cheered me up and told me that God doesn't want me to feel bad. God loves me so he wants me to be happy. I was happy with your words and so I always listened to you. You told me exactly what I wanted to hear and always took my feelings into consideration. You were really like a brother to me.

I also remembered when you first introduced me to your worldly music. It was just awesome! I just couldn't take it off my ears! Some Christian friend told me that it wasn't right but we got rid of him, didn't we? We were a great team. There was no dirty language with your music and the lyrics where even deep so how could it be bad? I know it doesn't talk about God's kingdom but it still appeals to man. And it even inspires me! how can that be bad? We were great together, right Satan? We got that radical Christian fanatic who thinks he knows everything about God, didn't we?

By the way, I also loved your tv shows, movies and series. The tv shows were full of fighting and violence and I just can't get enough of the action. It was fun to watch. I loved it when the main character does some stunning move and cracks the skull of his opponent in a moments time. I was thrilled as bones were broken and swords pierced the flesh. The movies too were great. Man was the main character and God was just in the sidelines. You told me that it was supposed to be that way. God watches as we do the work. So I too loved those movies. But the series where the best! Especially those Japanese Anime films that were a blend of romance and fighting. I so waited hungrily for every episode. Sometimes I even skip dinner just to watch it. And how could they be bad? They fought evil in those stories, didn't they? And there was love too. It was flooded with romance. Well, its doesn't directly talk about God's Kingdom but who cares? Like I said, its good. And besides, it makes me feel good about myself. After watching every episode, I felt like I was the main character. And I unintentionally was acting like the main character too, which was fun wasn't it? Some radical Christian again told us not to watch these kinds of stuff. But we got rid of him again. It was cool! You gave me the right words to say. I told him that I'm matured enough to filter everything and besides I know what I have to do. I always go to Church. I always pray. And I always read the Scriptures. And I even knew more about the Bible than he did right? It was funny him telling me what to do.

Anyways, there were so much stuff that we did together. So much Satan that I can't remember everything. I certainly want to make this letter short but we just did so much together. And I really had fun! But the best thing you ever did for me was when you comforted me and made me feel good about myself. You were there for me. You always told me that God cares about my happiness. So we spent 30 minutes asking God to bless my life in every way and spent about 3 minutes praying for His will and the advancement of His kingdom. Was it even 3 minutes? I think it was only a few sentences. But it was good. I felt like my needs were really addressed. And I felt really free and happy. You also comforted me whenever someone questioned my salvation. Actually no one did because my pastor was really fond of me. But in the back of my mind, something or someone was troubling me. The voice kept screaming: "Are you really saved? Are you really saved???" I went to my pastor and he told me exactly what you told me. It must be those demons trying to make me doubt my salvation. So my pastor taught me how to exorcise demons so that I can send them away whenever they bother me. And we did it! We used the Name of Jesus and we got the demons away! I am really saved. My pastor told me I was saved. And you, my best friend who always told me what I wanted to hear, told me I was saved. And I really believed I was saved and that God favors me. The god that we served would never put us down. He would always uplift us and make us feel good about ourselves right? The god that we served never really talked about holiness or repentance because there's no sense talking about our dirt. Everybody sins anyway and everybody knows they're a sinner. And like you said, no one is perfect so the god that we love so much, just requires us to do our best and leave the rest to him. Our god never talked about being separated from the world because it just makes no sense. We are living in the world so why separate yourself from it? "Just do your best and let God do the rest", this was our motto right? And besides, I prayed the sinner's prayer and asked Jesus to come into my life. Certainly, Jesus came. He wouldn't ignore my plea right?

BUT!!! NOW I HAVE LEARNED THE TRUTH!!! YOU!! SATAN!!! I WAS GOING TO HELL FOR ALL THE LIES AND THE EXCUSES YOU HAD PERFECTLY HIDDEN IN YOUR WORDS! I loved what you were saying because it made sense but it was never ever what the true God would have wanted for me! I have fashioned a Christianity based on my wants and needs. I have perverted the Gospel and even used it to get me out of my sin. I even transformed God's Holy Word into man's word. You knew about the Truth didn't you? You didn't say those words to comfort me. You just didn't want me to change. You didn't want me to see the Truth so you played along with my fleshly desires. When we were laughing, the Lord was crying!! And I praise Him that He even had the tears to cry for me, a pitiful creature of the darkness.

If it were not for God's love, I would never have come to know Him and the Truth of what He wants for me. And you know what? Remember the god that you have told me to serve? Remember the "all-loving" god that you talked to me about that loves me just the way I was? It looked exactly like you BECAUSE IT WAS YOU! It was you all along! You tricked me into believing that God didn't want me to change. I made a false god for myself that walks with no holiness. But the Truth is, the Lord wants me to change. He loves me and that's why He wants me to change and get rid of my sin! How many professing Christians, who believe themselves to be saved, have you deceived??!!!

BEFORE I LEFT I did not officially end our relationship. I completely forgot about you when I got to know the true God, so I wrote this letter to you to remind you that JESUS IS LORD and you, along with me, will fall to the ground and admit that. You will vomit the words that you so fear! And I will speak the words that the Lord so longs to hear!

I have sinned and I was going to hell yet by His grace, love and mercy, if I put my faith in Him, I will be saved. And don't start up with me again. For the faith that you must put in my Lord must be genuine. It must have fruits. There must be repentance! There must be a complete change of heart and a 180 degree turn from sin and worldliness! There must be transformation in my life and an evidence of the Spirit's work. And I'm not just talking about good works. I am talking about CHRIST-LIKE attitude, CHRIST-LIKE thinking and CHRIST-LIKE walking. Don't try to fool me again! For these are the words of the Lord, not mine. Our words and lies will perish, but His Words never will, for they are the Truth. No matter how hard you've worked to bring down God's Word, you will never succeed! God's Word is alive and so is HE!!!

The good Lord loves me and wants me to be with Him! He even wants me to call Him "Father"!!! I, the child of the dark, is now a child of the light! The great Lord has saved me from my evil and self-righteous acts! All I had was false fire when I was with you! Here is my Lord! Who can be like Him?!!! Praise be to God that He hath loved me, the worst of your breed!

Satan!!! You've lost another of children!!! And you will lose more, I tell you for my Lord says so. He shall liberate those who had been under your web of deception. You brilliantly masterminded a plot to take God away and confine Him in heaven. And you even fooled God's very own people! But you never succeeded and never will! His Spirit is here on earth, working and awakening lost souls!

Despite my evil, He has loved me! He took away my sin, my punishment, my shame and my guilt! And everything that is not of Him, He took away and is continually doing so till this very day! I am now a new creature, born again and revived by His mercy. He changed my heart and set me free! By His grace I live. By His grace I walk. And by His grace I breathe. If not for His grace, I'd be in hell and I'd probably suffer right next to you on that day of judgment.

The Lord is really good! I wish I can torment you more with His good Words but I do not have time to waste! I have to help my brothers and sisters who have fallen in your wicked and "flawless" trap.

I am now separated from you Satan! I belong to the One who is holy and just! He is my Lord and I serve Him and revere His holy Name! SO NOW! I'm giving back all your music! Your music took my ears away from God. Every artists motivation is the same. To take away God's name and put theirs instead! Your music gave nothing but false excitement!

I'm also giving back all your tv shows, all your movies and all your "slice of life" series! Take them with you to hell! I don't want any of those worldly and vile things in my heart! I thought it was okay but the truth is I really didn't want to give up your music or tv. I was holding unto them. Now the Lord tells me to cast them unto the fire and so I obey! And I will continually do it!!! Don't fool me again and tell me that repentance is a one-time act! You can't fool me like you did before and tell me that praying a one-time prayer can get me to heaven! And even if I fall in one of your nasty, cheap tricks again, my Lord will get me back! and the Spirit that He placed in me is miraculously transforming me into a child of light!

Satan! Can you hear the angels rejoicing? Now I know why thousands of angels rejoice for just one soul! I was really a fool. Praise and thanks be to God!!! Praise Him! Thank Him! For His love endureth forever and His Words are true! His works are miraculous and overwhelming! All hail! Praise Him!!!! Praise the mighty Lord who took the penalty of my sin and nailed it on the cross!!!

I am not ashamed of what I have become. For this what the Lord has called me to do and made me into. And I know, you'll get me to sin again in the future. But there's a difference now.. I am no longer who I was. I am no longer your instrument Satan. And like I always say, though I take a piece of your dark bread here and then, my future is secured! My salvation is assured! For the Lord has finally moved and I can do nothing but be overwhelmed, following His lead. Glory be to the Lord of lords and King of kings!

Sincerely yours,
Michael Borja, your ex-brother and ex-partner in sin

No comments: