Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I Came To Say Goodbye

Dear Satan, I came to say goodbye
I’m throwing away all your lies
Coz’ my Lord Jesus alone did what was right
Hanging on the Cross, He gave me a fight

Together, we used to be tight
You were my brother, the angel of light
But now, I have the proper sight
You fooled me to think I was right

My Lord Jesus came to me and spoke
He did not speak like you, my heart He broke
He washed my feet with His tears
He wants me, though I chose my peers

He died for me, a man who cannot see
He suffered for me so I might belong to Him
He hung on a tree, scorned by many
We made fun of Him, together, you and me

Now, I am living by the Truth
I serve my Lord at His foot
Can you bear the glory of my King?
He is the one who gives everything

So I came to say goodbye, enough of your lies!
I don’t want to live in the world anymore
My soul is well, I’m sick no more
I no longer want your worldly scores
Coz’ My Lord Jesus has wiped my sore
I no longer seek you like before

Satan, I bid you farewell
Your vileness I once wore, I say goodbye
Your movies, tv shows, worldliness I say goodbye
Your music, style and clothing I say goodbye
I no longer want to make Jesus cry
He is my Lord, I lift His Name up High
No more excuses, no more alibi
Its time for me to say goodbye

No comments: