Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Farewell My Fallen Brother!

My dearest fallen brother,
I am yours no longer
I am no longer your worshiper.
We used to do a lot together
But now, our relationship is over.

You told me I was saved and I thought I was safe
Whenever I sinned you told me the most comforting words
You told me “everybody sins”, so I loved your words and took them to heart
Whenever I acted like the world, you again came to my aid

But now I know the Truth! I was going to hell for having no fruit!
I have made your words as an excuse to ignore holiness
I used your words as an excuse to forget boldness
And I indulged myself in the world forgetting godliness

You told me that “everybody sins”
But is not that the very reason Jesus died and suffered?
It is because of my flesh that He was crucified
How can I live in sin if the Lord has made me sanctified?!
If everybody sins, all the more reason to avoid sin
If everybody sins, why not run to Him?!

You told me that “holiness is an eternal process”
That I will just waste my time if I pursue success
Holiness is indeed a long process, but that doesn’t mean that I’ll just wait
In fact, if holiness is a long process, I should start now!

You told me lies not to comfort me but to damn me
You wanted people to join you in hell so beautiful lies you tell
You knew the Truth and you were scared of it
You didn’t want me to change so you hid it

I also loved your worldly music, worldly tv, especially those with fighting and violence
All these things took away God’s essence!
There’s no bad language in it, no nudity so I thought it was good
Even though the life of the characters were godlessly hooked

I remember the first time you introduced rock and hip-hop music
That was High School, I just loved the lyric
I’d stick it in my ears all day like my peers
I was having fun skittering and the Lord Jesus I was mocking

I remember the first time you introduced me to your wordly tv
And I just can’t stop watching
You said I was matured enough to do the filtering
So all I did was keep surfing

But the best of your lies were the most ones I loved
I would not let them go, if not for the Lord above
You always told me what I wanted to hear
And so with you, I was always near

I can still remember the wonderful god you taught me
The god that we served never talked about repentance
He knows I’m sinner, leave it to chance
The god that we served never talked about holiness
There’s no sense in doing what you cannot reach in fullness
The god that we served never puts us down
He always wants us to smile even though our lives are dead
Everything was okay, you were my wisdom
Your god loves us just the way we are, he doesn’t want us to change
As long as we’re happy everything is in gauge

But now I know the Truth, God was not happy with me
When we were laughing, He was crying
The god that you shared was not the One in Scripture
The God that I know will never tolerate sin
His Son was crucified so we can live with Him
What blasphemy and idolatry to think God loves sin!

There’s so much more that we did together
I was planning to make short of this letter
But we just did so much together
You were my master, I was your worshipper
You were my whisperer, I was your doer
And I was going to hell for my worldliness
Even though I went to church, there was no godliness

I read my Bible, prayed and served
I was doing good and scrubbing dirt
I thought I was well, but I was a flirt
To listen to you and share your shirt

I professed Christ, thinking I was well
But the truth is, I was going to hell
For I served a different master
Not the One that holds the answer.

And the god that we served Satan?
He looked exactly like you, because he was you
How many more have you fooled?
What a master plan to deceive everyone
They think they’re saved because their good
But they will all be furnace food

So now!!! I’m giving back all your music, your vanity
I’m giving back all your lies, your words of profanity
I’m giving back all your tv shows, all false chastity
I don’t want to have to do anything with you
For My God is true

He loved me, saved me and bought me with His blood
What else can I do but worship all my life
And with my last words, I praise my God!
For He is my Lord, the one true God!

He took away my shame and liberated my soul
From your bondage, I'm no longer your goal
He reconciled me with the Father
And paid what I could not muster
I belong to Him now, He leadeth me further
Away from you so there's no seeing you later
Farewell my fallen brother!

No comments: