Thursday, May 1, 2008

On God's Sovereignity

I praise God that He is a sovereign God. He is not one who leaves everything to chance. I rejoice in Him for He is not the type who sits on a feeble throne with wrinkles on His forehead, hoping men would come. He is a God of authority who literally calls and gets a reply from those He desires. Without such God there would be no eternal security nor a sense in suffering or daily living. I wrote this poem as a conviction to myself. Too often have I treated God as "unsovereign" in my life especially when struggles come (even the tiniest ones). And whenever I do think of Him as sovereign, I make it as an excuse to idleness. What a great God do we have?!! He "makes men" saved not savable. He transforms men not just encourages men to be transformed. He is a God of impossibility not possibility.

Enjoy the poem and be blessed!

I AM SOVEREIGN

I sit on a throne, I am sovereign above all
Even the devil cannot commit what I did not call
I laid the foundations of the universe, I alone sustain it
From the farthest galaxies to the tiniest heartbeat

What foolishness to think that their will I cannot override
Anything in this universe bows when I stride
Man says "no" all the time so only by Me can I make him mine
No credit is given to him, I moved and changed him, my glory alone shall shine

I sit on a throne, I am sovereign above all
Those whom I call and transformed shall never fall
Because I chose to love them and My reputation is on the line
Most important of all, My Son died to make them Mine

I do not call and hope someone would come
I call and they simply come
Foolish man, before you came I gave you knowledge
Therefore, the glory is to Me alone
Not a joint effort, your sins My Son atone
I gave you a heart of flesh, removing your heart of stone
I called you out, be glad that you I own

So do not think that you are above me or you can question me
If I chose to suffer you, it is for your well being
Do you think that one sparrow falls without Me knowing?
Its time you see that you are powerless before Me

Foolish man, I do not work out of obligation
I am not bounded by rules, laws, whatever denomination
I act based on My own holy pleasure not your decision
For the lost who do not hear, I intended them not to
For those who hear and act, I intended them to do

Make no mistake, I give you small, limited choices
However they too have been determined before you made them
Still all choice you make does not interfere My plan
Nor is it a real choice for I have the final Word
And My plans can never be in ruin nor can it sink
Nor do I have to redo, reevaluate or rethink
Nor do I hesitate. My Word defines eternal domination
Everything works out for the good, you're just a creation

Shall you then say that you should just stop living?
Whats the point of fighting, caring or preaching?
If I hold everything, shall you just sit and do nothing?
I decide everything and so to idleness you shall cling?
Let me tell you one thing:
Though I am Sovereign and I do not need thee
I am the Lord God so I also command thee.
Preach the Gospel and live in conformity
I hold the key, you are a creature made for Me
Since I do everything why then shall you do nothing?
I give you the privilege to sow My seeds and work on My behalf
Even though nothing could happen unless my Spirit acts
Through this I chose to reveal and show
That I am the Lord God, I alone know

I predestine man even before they were born
Be grateful that I do such merciful things
For if not, everyone of you would be lost in sin
And no matter what you do, you will never get in
But I am a God of mercy, a God of love
I am the Omnipotent, the Omnipresent above
No one shall stand and dishonor My work
I do not leave things to chance, nor do I hope
My Motion is clear and it shall come to pass
Even if all creation rebel against My will
My desire will come to pass, My Word will always last

Foolish man.. If I were not like this do you think you will have eternal security?
If I cannot outshine Your will and put sense in your failures do you think I can organize everything?
Come back to your senses, I am a God of authority
In the beginning "I am", I am Lord of eternity
My little creature, you are but a speck of dust in size and quality
Your nothing compared to the universe's density
Nothing slips My fingers, I am capable of all
Shall you then ask why not everyone has been called?
Its because I choose not to,
And know that even if I choose not, My holiness will not be affected
For man damned himself and the rest of his race
He is standing before a Judge in a hopeless case
I sent My son to be slaughtered as atonement for the elect
And it has been set into purpose so that no one can neglect
My Son did not die in vain in hope that people would repent
I never beg for people to come, If I call they shall respond
I make a Name for Myself and I will be the God of those whom I declare

There is no chance, no accident or coincidence, everything has a reason
And I alone am sovereign above all, holy and righteous is My Name
For I sit on a great white throne, I alone, I share it with none
I am sovereign above all, take comfort in that
For you have a great God, not a weak one who relies on chance
For you have not a god of pathetic hope but a God of assurance
My high and grand purpose you will not understand
Still, believe, live and persevere
Even though it is meaningless less I appear
For I command thee and I set You free
And what else can you do? now that you belong to Me?
Worship and live for me and by My grace, imitate My Son
Despise the things I despise and love the things I love
Seek Me, dwell in Me, drink from Me and serve Me
For these reasons I set you free,
For these reasons I made you see.
Be what I made you to be, only then can you be truly happy.

No comments: