Thursday, July 17, 2008

BLESSED IS HE WHO LOOKS AT THEE

I am grieved with the things that I witness in modern day Christianity. I wish to write something that will talk about the greatness of God but how can I when my heart, transformed by the grace of our Lord, is buried in sadness? There is comfort, peace and joy in knowing God but to see His elect struggling in ignorance, how can I not weep? How can I not weep over the fact that this great God who is infinitely worthy of praise is not highly esteemed?

But in my weeping I find the greatest comfort and joy in my life. My soul is resting at the sovereignty of this holy God who maketh earth a mere footstool. I can rest, knowing that He, above all things, can do anything that He pleases in accordance to His good and holy will. What majestic God! What a Lord who governeth this universe?

There are so many days were I would stop mid-sentence in prayer. Before the throne, with empty hands and in the shallowness of my mind, I would lay and say nothing. I would just look into Him and say, "blessed is he who looks at Thee".

Even the Seraphs could not look at this infinitely blessed God without covering themselves and trembling in reverence and yet I, by the merit of the Lord Jesus, can stand justified without the veil of separation. What magnificent proof that God blesses those whom He wishes to bless, under no obligation and solely based on His own holy will!

Oh, how I wish His Church be rekindled! How I wish for the time where the King would step in and take His rightful place in this new order who seeks to deprive the selected lambs of their precious food. Oh I wait anxiously in peace! Those who switch hard meat with junk and those who water down sweet honey into a bunch of spoiled filth, know that the Lord has restrained His wrathful hand in accordance to His own pleasure. And those who have been given over to the Spirit which empowered Christ, preaching madly and feeding His lambs faithfully with the food that cometh not from man's mouth, know that the Lord whom you serve shall come soon in full glory. Fast, keep yourselves pure and be encouraged that His Word shall not come back in vain without its purpose accomplished.

My restless heart has found its satisfaction in Thee, Lord of Lords. Do as you please. May we, Your elect, be less and broken as You become the only One that matters in us. May we be lost in love and passion for You and the things you care about. May we be dead and alive, restless and peaceful, mourning and celebrating and finally, one with You in reverence worship and truth, as You had made us a part of Thee.

1 comment:

JM Vergara said...

Well written just like a puritan prayer. I am deeply encouraged by this post Mike. Deeply, deeply encouraged.

"Waiting anxiously in peace." ---what wonderful language.