Monday, August 4, 2008

I'M TIRED

I want to go home and find my place of rest
I'm tired of all these tests, I'm just tired
Loneliness has always been my greatest ally
In finding You and pursuing Your good will

But I'm tired Lord, I'm just tired
Will you take me home with You?
Can you just empty this unredeemed flesh?
To free my soul that longs to see You?

There's no sense of me being here
There's no real life in here, there's no real joy here
There's nothing but empty brick buildings
There's nothing but me struggling

All this is a sham, a hoax, a dream
Shall there be life in this dead valley?
Shall there be movement in this city?
Shall there be a trace of pure joy in my life?

Nay, my only joy is in You
My only joy is in You
So take me home that I may truly live
That I may see You and bow endlessly
I'm tired of myself Lord..
Close these curtains and let the old man sleep

No comments: