Monday, August 4, 2008

THINKING ABOUT MY FUTURE

When I was a new Christian, I thought all there was to Christianity was to serve God. To pour out your entire being in service to Him, this was my motto. As I grew up, I realized that there were far more important things than service. There were far greater things than virtue or knowledge. But now things are different. I have been enlightened by His Word and from that day onwards, everything has changed.

I am deeply sad. It hurts to see my brothers and sisters struggle in ignorance. How I pray for them dearly.. that their eyes would be opened to the painful truth.. that they're ears would hear the once glorious message of life.. and be satisfied with Him alone.

The Church, the bride of Christ, has been muddled throughout the ages. And although the promise of Christ remains, she is in dire need of revival. Her pulpits must be cleansed. Her courts must be brought into light. There is an urgent need to restore her to her former beauty and strength.

I cry out to the Lord to bring these dead bones back to life, as He did with some of us. If not for Him, I would still be blind, wandering the world with no power to overcome and no cause to believe.

But I believe. I believe in Him. No sadness or grief can take away the joy that I have with Him. I have been born again, raised from the dead with a new nature. It is not I anymore. I hold to His finished work on the cross and His sovereign grace that is able to keep me safe until the end.

Even if everything falls out of place and nothing seems right, I have no need to worry. All I have to do is to be still and pray that He moves. How glorious would that day be? The day when He would show up, take His rightful place and cleanse His Church from the piles of deception she embraced. One day, its going to happen. Perhaps in my time or generations after me, nevertheless, it shall come.

I am proud of my generation. To see reformation going on everywhere just makes me want to bend my knees in worship. How merciful is He to bother Himself with such puny beings?

To God be the glory...

No comments: