Monday, August 4, 2008

WINTER LEAF

If I were to describe you in the simplest prose
You'd be the winter leaf, a captivating mystery
You'd have the softest voice, the sweetest whisper
Chaste in inner beauty, of which I could not bear

And if you are of such, I'd be the summer leaf
Who wishes to bring you the deepest warmth
Perhaps an unattractive opposite, distant in time
And no matter how much I gain, I'd never rhyme.

In utmost gratitude to Him, I see you everyday
Yet I know I'll achieve nothing so I try to look away
But my eyes find yours, though seasons apart
Hopelessly wishing for your tender heart

I wish to wait, to hope, though it means pain
To lift you in prayer, though it means strain
I'd do anything for you.. to prove that I'm true
And even if I'm rejected again and you call it a day
I'd have no regrets, you were worth the risk
Coz' I know that I can live no other way
But to make you believe and stay

No comments: