Saturday, March 15, 2008

I Am A Missionary!

ear Satan,


I am writing this letter to inform you that your days are over.
You must have known this when Christ came and removed your cover
For when my Lord was crucified, your children were plundered
Praise His Name up high! His message across be thundered

When I first became Christian, I did not fully understand the great commission
Thanks to perspectives, I have been reminded of my omissions
That I have omitted the Gospel’s essence as I preached a potted plant
That I have omitted the Gospel’s power as I shared a foreign scant

The Lord, with His mercy and grace, has awakened me to the Truth
That all must hear, bow and praise to the fullness of the root
That people of every tongue and tribe will confess His lordship
As every nation lifts Him, sharing in His divine kinship

I am tired of your lies. You told me I could never be a missionary
You told me I was inadequate, that I will be a sad story
I’m through with you telling me that missions is not for me
Now I am fully reminded what makes the Lord happy

You told me that my family should become Christians first
And you used them to quench my thirst
But till this day I stood, thanks to His mercy and grace
Now I have a better view of the glory of His face

It is impossible to bear His message without preaching with madness
It is impossible to preach without reaching to the godless
For His Name must be glorified and lifted above all
His vision is my vision, His will is my goal

I no longer desire to expand my dreams or ambitions
His glory alone is the center of my fruition
I am forever in debt with His stunning work of salvation
And all then will hear as you turn deaf beyond redemption

Satan... My Lord is near, are you not in fear?
The world has almost no time
With His elect, I move across spheres of ages and rhyme
For His gospel slices through culture, freeing us from the bondage
Filling our cups with praise, He has loved the savage

Blessed be the Name of the Lord, Jesus is Lord!
Fall flat to the ground all ye hear, He will end our discord
He bought us with His blood, are you not overwhelmed?
Now we can share and dine in His majestic realm!

This message must be preached, this message must be proclaimed
I, the cheapest of all sinners, have been called with no shame
With a privilege and vision to be a part of His mission
What more can I ask from the Lord of Creation?

To sit with Him as I preach the Gospel to my friends
To walk with Him as I preach the Gospel to all trends
To worship as I proclaim with madness His love and glory
To be a devoted missionary for all eternity!
All hail to my Lord! This is my eternal philosophy!

To God be the glory!

Sincerely yours,
Michael Borja


PS I made this poem as a testimony during our graduation from the Perspectives Course (15 week seminar about missions). I thought missions was not for me and I was simply inadequate. How naive! The truth is, missions is God's work not ours! We really are inadequate but this is God's show, not ours. Looking at yourself is idolatry and blasphemy. Focusing on Him alone and depending on Him fully is worship. If we trust Him, believe and just act in accordance to His will, He, who is faithful, will create a space in the world for us to serve. He might even create a skill in us for the good of His glory. He doesn't need us, I assure you. But He, the one and only God of the universe, commands us to preach amongst the nations. And what can we do? If God calls us, can we really resist considering what He did for us? Nay. It is impossible to be a regenerated being and not be a missionary!

2 comments:

JM Vergara said...

Familiar! It has a great resemblance with the "Dear Satan" post!

I am very blessed by this bes, please do post it in N.D.! Also would you mind if I share it with my small group this friday? I plan to share it along with Blair Wingo's "What if we have no more excuses"

I love how it reverberates with the Power of God unto Salvation! Indeed it is a great testimony of the Power of God to change! We may be shamed but never ashamed!

Michael Borja said...

sure bes! share mo.. i can even make a video blog about it.. it was greatly influenced by blair wingo's slam poems so you can definitely see the similarities..